Thursday 30 June 2011

Making your views heard

This lovely young woman: 
Lets call her Lady Shh of Shhshire, because she's obviously a pin-up for "good ol' fashioned Best-of-British reserve." Not true. I lied.

Instead she amazed me and my travelling companion when she:

1) Spoke very loudly in a packed but otherwise deathly quiet top floor of a double decker bus about her wedding. Well more to the point, her wedding invitation list. And at the sharpest end of that point: who would make the cut and who wouldn't. Stop there. That's enough. Aren't I meant to be the nasty, brutish and short delegate from the antipodean extremities? Anyway,
2) After half a dozen or so bus stops worth of loud prattle about who she liked and didn't like and who she was going to invite, the conversation turned even more gauche as the good Lady described who she would invite but who it became clear she hoped  would not actually come to her wedding! and in doing so, sharing the entire conversation with everybody else on the bus ( LORD! Has she no shame!)

3) Like this tedious and unseemly one way lecture,  the bus did an entirely unforeseeable event.

It turned a corner too.

4) At this point Lady Shh of Shhshire who was mid sentence discussing why she didn't think  Joan (or was it Nancy? ) would or wouldn't come to her wedding she abruptly slid off her seat and landed smack bang on the aisle on her arse.  Was the dear Lady phased, slowed or stopped in her wedding in-out public broadcast? Nope, she didn't even cough. She kept talking, in fifth gear.
5) Being a gentleman, I offered to help her up (in a half arsed way I confess) however my chivalry went the same way as these testicles  in the cold when I realised she wouldn't even acknowledge my tepid offer of assistance. So I left her on the floor of the bus babbling about Simon and Samantha - or was it Trent and Brooke?
6) At this point my travelling companion burst out laughing and giggling and encouraged me to secretly take Lady Shh's picture, for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment